PUBLICATIONS IN REGIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS
Published Original Articles
1. D S Sethi, C T Chew: Retropharyngeal Abscess - The Foreign Body Connection: Annals, Academy of Medicine, Singapore. Vol 20 No.5; September 1991: pp 581-588
2. D S Sethi, R E Stanley: Parapharyngeal Abscess. Journal of Laryngology and Otology. Vol 105, December 1991: pp 1025-1030
3. D S Sethi, K K Chew, R E Stanley, Ivy Sng: Synovial Sarcoma of Hypopharynx. Journal of Laryngology and Otology. Vol 106, March 1992: pp 285-287
4. D S Sethi, R E Stanley: Migrating Foreign Bodies in Upper Digestive Tract. Annals, Academy of Medicine, Singapore. Vol 21 No. 3, May 1992: pp 390-393
5. D S Sethi, R E Stanley: Deep Neck Abscesses: Changing Trends. Journal of Laryngology and Otology, Vol 108, February 1994, pp 138-143
6. D S Sethi: (Book Review) Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma: Van Hasselt C A and Gibb A G. The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 1991. The Chinese University Press. Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Vol 110, Number 6, pp 612-613
7. D S Sethi : (Book Review) Systemic Disease and the Nasal Airway: Thomas McCaffrey. Thieme Medical Publishers, Inc. 1993. Otolaryngology- Head & Neck Surgery Vol 110, Number 6, pp 611- 612
8. D S Sethi : (Book Review) Endoscopic Sinus Surgery: Howard L Levine and Mark May. Thieme Medical Publishers, Inc. 1993. Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery Vol 110, Number 4, pp 471
9. D S Sethi, R E Stanley; Ingested Fish Bone- An Unusual Presentation. Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Journal, Vol 113:162-163, 1995
10. D S Sethi, J A Winkelstein, H Lederman, M C Loury, Immunological Abnormalities in Patients with Chronic Recurrent Sinusitis. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
11. D S Sethi, H Lederman, J A Winkelstein, M C Loury; Immune Defects in Chronic Recurrent Sinusitis: Diagnosis and Management. Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Vol 112, Number 2, February 1995
12. D S Sethi, Donald Leopold: Immunological Defects and Chronic Sinusitis. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology- Head & Neck Surgery Vol 3, 1995, pp 21-24.
13. D S Sethi, Prem K Pillay, Endoscopic Management of Lesions of Sella Turcica. Journal of Laryngology and Otology, Vol 109, pp 956-962,1995
14. D S Sethi, Ralph E Stanley; Endoscopic Anatomy of the Sphenoid Sinus and Sella Turcica. Journal of Laryngology and Otology, Vol 109, pp 951-955,1995
15. D S Sethi, Prem K Pillay; Endoscopic Pituitary Surgery - a minimally invasive technique. American Journal of Rhinology, Vol 10 No. 3, pp 141-147 May-June 1996.
16. D S Sethi, Prem K Pillay: Endoscopic Surgery for pituitary tumors (Operative techniques in Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery. Vol 7 No. 3 (Sept) 1996 pp 264-268.
17. D S Sethi, Chumpon Chan, P K Pillay; Endoscopic Management of Cerebrospinal Fistulae and Traumatic Encephalocoele. Annals, Academy of Medicine, Vol 25 pp 724-727, 1996.
18. D S Sethi, D Lau, C Chan: Sphenoid sinus mucocele presenting with isolated oculomotor nerve palsy. Journal of Laryngology and Otology. May 1997, Vol 111 pp 471-473.
19. NG Tan, D S Sethi: Nasopharyngeal Meliodosis, Singapore Medical Journal), May 1997.
20. D S Sethi: Endoscopic Sinus Surgery: Advances in Endoscopic Surgery: SGH Proceedings, Vol 6 No. 2, 1997.
21. D S Sethi David Lau.; Endoscopic management of orbital apex lesions - American Journal of Rhinology, Vol 11, pp 449-455 November 1997.
22. Goh YH, D S Sethi; Submandibular Gland Excision: a five-year review. Journal of Laryngology & Otology, Vol 112, pp 269 - 273. 1998.
23. D S Sethi, David Lau, Lincoln Chee, Vincent Chong: Spheno-ethmoid recess polyps. Journal of Laryngology & Otology, July 1998 112(7) 660-663.
24. V Chong, D S Sethi, D Lau: Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS): What Radiologist Need to Know. Clinical Radiology Sept 1998, 53(9) 650-658.
25. Lincoln Chee, D S Sethi: Migrating foreign bodies, Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology Feb 1999, 108(2) 177-180
26. Chee W J, Sethi D S: Endoscopic Management of Sinonasal inverted papillomas. Clinical Otolaryngology, Vol 24, pp 61-66, 1999.
27. D S Sethi; Isolated Sphenoid Lesions, Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery May 1999, 120(5) 730-736.
28. M L C Khoo, O T H Lim, K W Fong, K C Soo, D S Sethi,; Prognostic variables in survival for patients after radical neck dissection for nodal recurrence in nasopharyngeal carcinoma
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Surgery; May 1999, vol 69: pp 354-6.
29. MLC Khoo, KC Soo, DTH Lim, KW Fong, CHK Goh, DS Sethi: The pattern of nodal recurrence following definitive radiotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Australian and New Zealand Journal, 1999
30. PK Pillay, CW Leo, DS Sethi: Computer aided / image-guided and video-endoscopic resection of pituitary tumors. Stereotactic Functional Neurosurgery, 2000
31. V Chong, Y F Fan, David Lau, Lincoln Chee, D S Sethi: Imaging the Sphenoid Sinus. Australasian Radiology (2000) 44,143-154
32. Kenny Peter Pang, D S Sethi: Nasal Septal abscess: an unusual complication of acute sphenoethmoditis, Vol 116, July 2002
33. D S Sethi, Leong JL: Endoscopic Pituitary Surgery: Otolaryngol Clin N Am Vol 39(2006) 563-583.
34. D S Sethi, Krishan Kumar: Endoscopic Pituitary Surgery: Op Tech Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, Vol 18, 57-64, March 2007
35. HS Sran, DS Sethi, Leong JL: Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Management (MIEM) of Malignant Sinonasal Tumors: Is there a Future? SGH Proceedings, 2008. 17(1):p. 26-30.
36. Lim MC, Sethi DS, Looi A: A novel technique for raising the nasal mucosal flap in endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy. Opthal Plast Reconstr Surg.2008 May-June;24(3):245-6
37. H Singh, J Thomas, WLE Hoe, DS Sethi: Giant petrous carotid aneurysm: persistent epistaxis despite internal carotid artery ligation. The Journal of Laryngology and
Otology, 2008 Aug; 122(8):e18. Epub 2008 Jun 13. Review.
38. Tay HN, Leong JL, Sethi DS. Long-term results of endoscopic resection of nasopharyngeal tumours. Med J Malaysia. 2009 Jun;64(2)159-62
39. Forer B, Sethi DS: Endoscopic repair of cerebrospinal fluid leaks in the lateral sphenoid sinus recess. J Neurosurg 2010 Feb;112(2):444-8.
40. Soon R, Lim CM, Singh H, Sethi DS: Sphenoid sinus mucoceles: 10 cases and literature review. J Laryngol Otol, 2010 Jan; 124(1):44-7.
41. Loo JL, Cullen JF, Sethi DS: Mucocele of the anterior clinoid process: An unusual cause of orbital apex syndrome. Neuro-ophthalmology. Vol 34: pp 52-54; February, 2010
42. Management of Rhinosinusitis and Allergic Rhinitis: Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG). Published by Ministry of Health, Singapore June 2010.
43. European Position Paper on Endoscopic Management of Tumors of the Nose, Paranasal Sinuses and Skullbase. Rhinology Supplement 22. June 2010.
44. Forer B, Ng YH, Sethi DS: Unilateral Opthalmoplegia Secondary to Anterior Clinoid Process Mucocele. J Neuro-opthalmology Vol 30: pp 321-324; December 2010
45. Tan VE, Sethi D S: Gossypiboma: An unsual intracranial complication of endoscopic sinus surgery. Laryngoscope.2011 Apr;121(4):879-81.
46. Ng YH, Sethi DS: Isolated Sphenoid Sinus Disease: differential diagnosis and management. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg.2011 Feb;19(1)16-20
47. Dhepnorrarat RC, Ang BT, Sethi DS: Endoscopic Surgery of Pituitary Surgery. Otolaryngol Clin N Am. , 9123-935 44 (2011)
48. Dhepnorrarat RC, Subramaniam S, Sethi DS: Endoscopic Surgery for Frontal Sinus and Fronto- ethmoid Mucoceles: A Fifteen Year Experience. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 2012 Aug; 147(2);345-50
49. Chee E, Lim LH, Sethi D S, Looi A, Dhepnorrat RC: Osteotome as an adjunctive instrument in endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy. Opthal Plast Reconstr Surg, 2012
50. Forer B, Leong JL, Sethi DS, Landsberg. Endoscopic resection of sinonasal tract schwannoma, presentation, treatment and outcome in 10 cases. Accepted for publication Annals of Otology,Rhinology & Laryngology