Neck, Submandibular Thyroid & Parotid Gland
Call +65 8125 3580
for 24 by 7 appointment
Although the neck is a relatively small space, there are a number of glands and organs that lie within it. The most common conditions we treat include disorders of:
- Lymph Nodes : Small glands located throughout the body that contain immune cells to help fight infection of nearby structures
- Thyroid Gland : Sits on the anterior part of the neck and is responsible for secreting hormones into the bloodstream to control metabolism. On the posterior surface of the thyroid lie four peas-sized parathyroid glands, which regulate calcium concentration in the body and bones.
- Parotid Gland : Sits below and in front of the ear and is responsible for secreting saliva into the mouth
- Submandibular Gland : Sits under the jaw and secretes saliva into the mouth
Neck Conditions We Treat
Common causes of swollen lymph nodes in the neck.
Common types of parotid gland tumours.
Common causes of swelling of the submandibular glands.
When To See A Specialist
Consider seeing an ENT specialist if you experience any of the following symptoms, particularly if they persist:
- Swallowing difficulty
- A lump in the neck or glands
- Breathing difficulties
- Regurgitation of food or drink
- Hoarseness or other voice changes
You may also be referred to an ENT specialist by your GP.
If you have been experiencing any of these symptoms and are concerned, request an appointment with A/Prof Sethi for a consultation.